APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
A person who has applied and been approved for membership as provided in the following rules is eligible to be a member of the Association on payment of the entrance fee and annual subscription payable under these Rules.
A person who is not member of the Association at the time of the incorporation of the Association (or who was a member at that time but has ceased to be member) shall not be admitted to the membership unless: An application has been lodged and approved for admission by the committee.
An application of a person for membership of the Association:
- Shall be made in writing in a special ASA form and
- Shall be lodged with the Secretary of the Association.
- As soon as practicable after receiving an application for membership, the Secretary shall refer the application to the Committee.
- The committee shall determine whether to approve or reject the application.
AN APPLICATION MAY ONLY BE REJECTED IF:
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that the applicant would not abide by the rules and objectives of the Association; or
- the applicant has been convicted of an indictable offence; or
- there are reasonable grounds to believe that the applicant would not abide by the Community Broadcasting Code of Practice; or
- there are reasonable grounds to believe that the applicant would pose security risk to the, member, property or premises of the association.
ENTRANCE FEE AND ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
- The entrance fee is $25
- The annual subscription fee is $50 and is payable in advance on or before 1 July in each year.
The committee may in special circumstances vary the entrance and subscription fee in accordance with the means of the prospective members desires to seek membership or of existing members who are seeking renewal, and facing financial hardship.